The three main types of tooth replacement treatments are dentures, dental implants, or dental bridges. Some individuals shy away from dentures because they are removable and on occasion can fall out. Some individuals avoid dental implants because their jawbones are simply not strong enough to support the implants. That leaves us with dental bridges. Dental bridges can give you a sturdy hold similar to implants but without the need to connect the implants directly to the jaw. Instead, bridges are inserted into the gaps left behind by missing teeth and held in place by connecting them to nearby teeth or implants. Dental bridges also offer the following benefits:
– Dental bridges prevent other teeth from freely moving about or shifting due to the empty space that is left behind by lost teeth.
– Eating and speaking can be difficult with missing teeth. Dental bridges can fill in the void and make these tasks much easier to accomplish.
– If you are missing teeth, the likelihood of a misalignment or malocclusion occurring in your mouth increases drastically. Dental bridges can help prevent bad bites from forming, or teeth moving and shifting out of alignment.
– When teeth are lost, your facial structure will sink in and make you appear older than you are. Use a tooth replacement such as dental bridges to restore your facial structure and look.
– It is possible for a dental bridge to last a lifetime, but with normal wear and tear, they typically last around ten years.
If you would like to schedule an appointment with Gilbert Omido DDS, P.A. for a dental bridge, please call our dentist office at 316-683-0440. We are located in Wichita, Kansas, and Dr. Gilbert Omido and all of our wonderful team look forward to doing our best to ensure your oral health remains terrific.