The best way to ensure your mouth is well protected from the dangers of cavities is to eat right. If you eat healthily, your chances of ever developing cavities will drop immensely. In addition, a healthy habit will improve your overall health, not just your oral health. For a few helpful tips and guidelines, see below:
– Schedule professional cleanings every six months and book oral health care appointments for checkups with your dentist as needed.
– Brush and floss with tools that are dentist recommended or those featuring the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Do your best to avoid harmful ingredients that can cause cavities, such as sugar.
– To lower your risk for cavities, the ADA recommends that you brush your teeth at least twice daily and floss once daily.
– Eat healthily, and maintain a balanced diet that is high in minerals such as phosphorus and calcium, which can promote healthy teeth and a strong enamel layer.
– Sticky and chewy foods that linger in your mouth can greatly increase your risk for cavities, so choose wisely, or use a cleaning tool after meals such as sugarless gum or mouthwash.
Our team at Gilbert Omido DDS, P.A. specializes in a variety of tooth restoration procedures to suit all your needs. If you would like an oral exam from Dr. Gilbert Omido, please book an appointment to come see us at our dentist office in Wichita, Kansas. We can be reached at 316-683-0440. We are here to help you get the healthy smile of your dreams!