If you ever find yourself being anxious or overly worried about visiting your dentist, you are probably suffering from what is known as dental anxiety. Dental anxiety is a common condition in which individuals are afraid of receiving oral health care treatments. Luckily, our team is well prepared for individuals who have suffered from dental anxiety, and have numerous treatments to offer, some of which you can do at your own home, to help ease any stress you may feel, including the following:
– If you’re suffering from dental anxiety, always make sure to speak with your dentist for more information.
– Did you know that calming and relaxing music can be used to help ease the tensions caused by dental anxiety?
– Were you aware that treating fears associated with dental anxiety can be alleviated through the use nitrous oxide?
– Stress-relieving toys such as fidget spinners or squeeze balls can be used to help overcome anxiety during treatments.
– Practicing effective breathing patterns can help alleviate issues caused by dental anxiety.
– Speaking with your dentist is a highly effective at easing tension caused by the unknown.
– Put yourself in your happy place by imagining your ideal location, such as a garden, a beach, or on a mountaintop.
If you think you have dental anxiety, please call Gilbert Omido DDS, P.A. so we can get you in to see Dr. Gilbert Omido and our team as soon as possible. Our office is conveniently located in Wichita, Kansas. To reach us, call our office at 316-683-0440.